When you use Quickbooks, you also generate your company files and store them in the Quickbooks folder. Sometimes, you may face some problems such as damaged files and can’t create new company files. So in these types of problems, You have to take the support of the QFD. Quickbooks latest versions generated in 2016 and you can check your damaged company files with the help of QFD. Quickbooks file doctor Now you should know who is QFD and how does it help you.
In simple words, QuickBooks File Doctor is a profitable tool in QuickBooks desktop that you use when you have a problem when creating a new company file. When your existing files get corrupted and you cannot open your files and in that case, you get an error message which prevents you from opening the file.
Before using QFD, you must know some points:-
- You need to stay connected with proper internet service.
- You can only login as an administrator.
- Your company files should be only 2GB and not more than that.
- Before using QFD, you will need to see if your programs are closed or not.
In this article we will discuss:
Benefits of using Quickbooks file doctor
There are few benefits if you take help from Quickbooks file doctor.but before using you need to download a latest version of Quickbooks desktop even if you have already downloaded.
- Quickbooks file doctors help you to solve your several types of errors 6000,6000-82, 6000 -301 etc.
- QB also help you to fix your networking errors such as H101, H102, H103 etc.
- Quickbooks helps you to access your sample company file but can’t open your damage file but for future, it protects your files from being damaged if you will have QFD.
- It helps you to find your missing important data which are stored in your folder like a customer, employee and vendor list etc.
- It helps you to protect data from antivirus.
How to use Quickbooks file doctor tool
There are some steps that will help you learn how to use QFD. Before using file doctor you have to make sure that the version of Quickbooks File doctor is the latest or not. If you have already Quickbooks file doctor so you need to download the latest version of QFD, if you not have the latest version then try to install by the following below discussed steps.
1. Steps to download and install Quickbooks tool hub
- First, you have to close the Quickbooks desktop.
- You have to download the latest version of Quickbooks tool hub under the “home tab” at the bottom of the right even if you already have and save the file where you can find it easily.
- Open the downloaded file.
- Agree on the terms and conditions.
- You will open the tool hub by double-clicking on the Quickbooks desktop icon.
- In case you can’t find the icon,so type the quickbooks tool hub in the search bar.
i) Steps to fix company file issues
- Choose the company files errors tab under the Quickbooks tool hub.
- Choose to fix my Quickbooks file.
- Click on ok if it is completed.
ii) Steps to run Quickbooks file doctor
- Choose company file issues under the tool hub.
- Go to the Run QuickBooks file doctor and wait for 1or 2 minutes to open.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your company file under the QFD. If you can’t find your file, go to the browser and search for it.
- Before moving forward verify your company file.
- You need to enter you Quickbooks login password
- Then go for the next.
iii) Steps to repair your existing files
When you are trying to repair your existing company file:-
- if you already have the latest version of Quickbooks desktop.In that case you choose to repair the existing file for your existing version of Quickbooks desktop.
- If this process isn’t successful you will repair your company file in your latest version of quickbooks desktop.
iv) Need to update and backup Quickbooks
After repairing the company file, you need to update and create a backup company file.If you want to check daily updates of your Quickbooks desktop so you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the help menu.
- Select for the update QuickBooks desktop.